Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the NY State Department of Health (NYSDOH).
We are consistently monitoring the protocols provided by these organizations to ensure that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. In addition to the recommended measures, we have also added:
- Dividers between patient chairs
- HEPA filters
- UV lights
- Special exhaust unit
Before your appointment
- Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office.
- Take your temperature before traveling to the office. Should you have a fever or any flu-like symptoms, please call our office to reschedule.
- Brush your teeth before traveling to the office. The brushing station needs to remain closed at this time.
- Fill out the COVID Supplemental Consent to Treat form. A minor patient without a Consent Form or no parent/guardian to complete the form at the office will need to have their appointment rescheduled.
Arriving for your appointment
- Arrive on time. Because of the new regulations, we are running at 50% capacity. It is important that we run on a strict time schedule so that no patients are waiting inside of the office. Unfortunately, we will not be able to see patients that arrive late for their appointments.
- We ask that only the patient come in for their appointment. Our waiting room is closed at this time. If you have a special circumstance, please call our office to discuss.
- Upon arrival, text us at 518-785-9441 and let us know what spot you are parked in. We will come to the car to gather the Supplemental Consent form you filled out. A Wellness Screening will be performed that will consist of taking the patient's temperature and answering a few health-related questions. Please do not drink anything hot or cold 30 minutes before arriving as this may affect the temperature reading.
- After the patient has been escorted into the building, we ask that the driver drive to the back of the parking lot so that the next patient may use the designated parking spot. We will call/text you when the patient is finished with treatment and escort the patient back to the car.
- We ask that you please not leave the parking lot if the patient has a short appointment, as patients cannot wait in the office for you to return. For long appointments, we will text/call you 10-15 minutes before the patient is ready to be picked up.
During your appointment
- Patients must wear a mask at all times while in the office, other than during their treatment.
- Patients must sanitize their hands upon entry to the building.
- Patients will be asked to rinse with Peroxyl, an oral peroxide mouth rinse, once they are seated in the treatment chair.
- The patient will leave with a new appointment for the next visit. If that appointment does not work in your schedule, please call our office and we will make another appointment.